Wednesday, June 4, 2014

signs: part wednesday

I’ve written before that I believe in signs. Today, the signs were everywhere: I ran into all the right people at all the right times, people I wouldn’t typically see on a Wednesday.

And yet, while I may have seen them, talked to them, and parted ways, I didn’t have the right words yet. I tend to freeze at unexpected encounters.

I can’t get over one though: I was sitting in the living room, writing out bridal shower invitations, when Pickle jumped up and decided she needed to go outside. Usually when she does that, it just means she has to go to the bathroom, but when we got out there, she just wanted to walk around. As we turned the corner, not even a block from our building, there was our Pastor.

I wish I had the right words; I wish I could make the most of a conversation on the street. Instead, I fumbled through some half-hearted sentences.


But somehow, just running into him was an encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment