Sunday, November 17, 2013

I belong here

When I arrived in Pittsburgh, it felt foreign. Of course there was the same statue of Franco Harris and the pieced together dinosaur fossil, but when I had seen them before, I was always going somewhere. This time, I was coming back first.

I am always so inclined to say that I was going home, but that’s just not what it is anymore.

I’ve started getting used to saying “my parent’s house” or “the place I grew up” just to be clear that I don’t actually live there anymore. I need to get it straight in my head or else I end up spinning in a current of uncertainty: which life is the present?


When I arrived in Seattle, there weren’t any dinosaur bones to greet me. There wasn’t a soul in that airport that I knew, but somehow, they felt like my people. They get me. I’m home.

No comments:

Post a Comment